Coventry City Football Club have today released the results of the Supporter’s Survey; with 75% saying they wouldn’t follow the Sky Blues to an alternative venue.
• 59.6% of people who completed the survey have been a Season Ticket holder in the last 5 seasons.
• 41.9% of people who have not been a Season Ticket holder in the last 5 seasons attend up to 12 matches per season.
• The average length of how long supporters have been Season Ticket holders is 7 years, although there are a number of supporters who have been for longer.
• The biggest percentage of fans at 37.1% travel less than 5 miles to get to home matches. 22.1% of supporters travel over 41 miles.
• 24.5% of fans said they would support the club at an alternative stadium in the short term.
Love for the team and loyalty to the team regardless of the situation was cited as the main drive for the 24.5% of fans who said they would support the club at an alternative stadium. A number of fans added that this would only be viable in the short term as Coventry is still the home of the football club.
Fans who would not support the club elsewhere expressed the view that the club belongs in Coventry and will lose its identity by being elsewhere. Many felt it isn’t right to change stadiums when there is already one fit for purpose. Other fans said they can’t afford to or justify travelling regularly.
It was highlighted by fans that there was a need for honesty, clear communication and a plan for the future. Many suggested that cheaper ticket prices or sensible travel options might encourage them or others to travel to another stadium in the short term.
The detailed percentage to the answers in the survey are below.
Are you or have you been a CCFC Season Ticket holder in the last 5 seasons?
If yes, how long have you had a Season Ticket?
Average – 7 Years
If no, how many home matches per season do you attend?
Under 5 40.3%
6 to 12 41.9%
13 to 17 11.6%
How far do you travel to home matches?
Under 5 miles 37.1%
6 to 15 miles 29.0%
16 to 25 miles 7.5%
26 to 40 miles 4.3%
41 miles or more 22.1%
How many away matches per season do you attend?
Under 5 62.2%
6 to 12 26.2%
13 to 17 5.0%
Have you bought any other CCFC products?
JSB Membership 20.9%
Match Package vouchers 4.4%
Hospitality Packages 12.6%
Advertising and Sponsorship 2.0%
PUSB Matchday Programme 50.0%
Sky Blues Player 15.9%
Replica Shirt 77.7%
Leisure Wear 58.5%
Other Retail product 53.3%
With no other option than looking at an alternative venue to host our matches, would you attend games at another stadium outside of Coventry in the short term, to help preserve the long term future of your club?
Over the coming weeks we will be holding fans forums to discuss with fans the truth of our current situation and answer any questions you may have. Would you be interested in attending?